At St Giles Nursery, teaching British values means providing a curriculum which actively promote(s) the fundamental British values;
- Ensure that all children and families within the school have a voice that is listened to, and demonstrate how democracy works by actively promoting democratic processes (such as involving children in choosing where to play)
Promoting the rule of law
- Teaching children right from wrong
Teaching mutual respect and tolerance
- Ensuring children have the right to say ‘no’ and be respected for their choices.
- Encouraging children with the support of adults to solve problems for themselves and to work together as a group. To learn that their needs and everyone’s needs matter.
- Including world religions, cultures and festivals, families and communities in our planning to teach children about the world in which they live.
- Linking children’s learning so they understand they are part of a much wider world displaying posters and reading books which show world religions and cultures, blended families, disability, equality of opportunity etc.